Celebrating the Most Influential Players in Health IT and Social Media
Kristi Eells @Kristi_Eells
Last week, Michael Planchart a.k.a. @theEHRGuy kicked off the second annual #HIT100 contest. This crowd-sourcing
contest is a really cool, fun way to nominate anyone in the health IT and health IT social media communities, who have been supporting and contributing to the healthcare information technology movement through social media, articles, books, blogging, etc. over the last year. So far, it’s gotten quite a bit of buzz on Twitter and I’ve even seen some health IT publications talk about it, including a post from Healthcare IT News answering five questions about the contest.
With this in mind, I wanted to share my own list of health IT gurus who I’ve personally followed and supported through social media in the last year. My list includes:
- @Farzad_ONC – Farzad Mostashari , National Coordinator for Health IT
- @ReginaHolliday – Regina Holliday, founder of #TheWalkingGallery, blogger, speaker and artist using paint and healthcare social media (#hcsm) to promote patient’s rights within medicine
- @theEHRGuy – Michael Planchart, founder & curator for HIT100, Health IT Enterprise Architect & Strategist at Health IT Enterprise Architecture & Strategy
- @DonFluckinger – Don Fluckinger, feature writer for SearchHealthIT
- @Anthony_Guerra – Anthony_Guerra, founder and editor at Health System CIO
- @HITNewsTweet – A leader publication writing covering all things health IT
- @modrnhealthcr – A leading source in the industry for healthcare business and policy news, research and information
- @MayoClinic – A nonprofit worldwide leader in medical care, research and education
- @Ahier – Health IT Evangelist at Mid-Columbia Medical Center and blogger at O’Reilly Media and Healthcare, Technology & Government 2.0
- @TechGuy – Professional blogger for the HealthcareScene, a health IT blog network
- @MobiHealthNews – a leading provider of news, commentary, online events and research for the global mobile health community
- @Rock_Health – a mobile health incubator supporting entrepreneurs working at the intersection of healthcare and technology
- @HIMSS – non-profit industry leader dedicated to improving healthcare through the best use of technology***
And since we’re on the topic of healthcare professionals and their use of social media, it seems like to perfect time to share an infographic I saw being circulated around the Web last week, with stats on how healthcare pro’s like us are using social media today.
If you’re planning to nominate a person or organization to be including on the HIT100 list (note: deadline is this week) or just follow along to see whose being nominated, you’ll want to make sure you’re keeping an eye on the following hash tags related to this contest: #HIT100, #HIT5, #healthIT, #HITSM and #hcsm.
We want to know – which healthcare professionals or organizations would top your HIT100 list?
Disclosure: HIMSS is a client of SHIFT Communications.